Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The big day is here




So last night on the way home from work, my car rolled 142,000 miles. And today my odometer rolled too. This is it, I'm officially 40. Actually, I had a very nice surprise waiting for me when I got home yesterday. One of my best friends sent me flowers and I was so surprised! Audrey and I have been friends for 20 years, and I called her and told her how much I appreciated the flowers.

I guess I won't be crawling under a rock today - especially since I have to go to work. I guess I will find out if life begins at 40 - here I go!!! Hope it is a good one.

5 comments:

Rick said...

HBD, Mot - have a special Star Trek clip on my blog just for you. Hope it's a good one. The next forty are supposed to be better since we already know everything there is to know, right?

Martha said...

Let's hope so! I don't need anymore character building experiences!!!

George said...

Happy Birthday, Martha. 40 ain't so bad, especially if you still feel 20 inside.

Chuck said...

Kirk: [reading] "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." - Message, Spock?

Spock: None that I'm conscious of. Except of course; happy birthday! -Surely the best of times.

Happy Birthday Mot!!! LL&P.

Steve said...

Happy Birthday, Martha! Forty is the new thirty. Here's to forty more years of hot tubs, Gamecocks football, and gin and tonics.