Thursday, April 2, 2009

So what is up with the Counter?

From time to time I look to see how many 'hits' I have on my google profile with the counter. I know there are many of my blogger friends who are linked directly to my blog and bypass my counter, but I seem to have had three or four counts per day for a while. And then all of a sudden, the counter seemed to get stuck and then go a bit berserk. Friday, I had 1,876 'visits', and then nothing for days. Even when I would go on it and the number should go up, it did not change.

Then all of a sudden, it jumped from 1,876 to 1,900. Then it was stuck again, and then the next thing I see it is on 2000, then 2100, and now it is at 2200. Sometime between 1900 and 2200 it stays that even when I hit my profile page and the count should increase - very strange.

So I know you have all noticed this problem - just kidding as you have probably not. Anyway, I just have found it odd since I know when I hit the profile site the count goes up, but I wonder who else is hitting it daily. Now I can't even see the numbers change as they are totally whacked out!

No comments: