Friday, February 20, 2009

What is missing from Guitar Hero

I have really enjoyed my Guitar Hero game. Jim finally found a video game I like to play since I’m not interested in the ones he plays. Sorry, World of Warcraft is NOT for me. But Guitar Hero is a blast. What’s even more fun is that after Christmas when we got back home, we got the cables to run from the TV to the stereo receiver so I can totally blast the songs through the stereo speakers.

I have worked up to the “Hard” setting on Beat It, The One I Love, and I don’t play anything under a “Medium” setting on the guitar. I can play the bass part on Rebel Yell on Hard and still score in the 90% range. I am drumming on most songs on “Medium”, except Hot for Teacher. I can do 99% on Easy and my best streak was over 500 notes straight. However, there is a big difference between Easy and Medium as I only got 55% on Medium. It is really intense to drum that on medium.

I really like the Aerosmith Guitar Hero version, except that it is only guitar and no drums. There are some really cool songs on it, like The Cult She Sells Sanctuary, Dream On, and Sweet Emotion (a personal favorite). I have a lot of fun with those songs. Guitar Hero (original) even has More Than a Feelin’ which is a total blast and I love to crank that up as well.

So what is really missing is some serious AC/DC and more than just one Van Halen song. I would love to have the entire Back in Black album as well as Van Halen and Van Halen II for Guitar Hero world tour. I could have so much fun with the guitar and drum parts on all of those songs. I saw yesterday where they are releasing a Metallica Guitar Hero, so where is AC/DC and Van Halen? I wanna rock!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Not enough STRYPER on GH. Just saying.

Martha said...

Yeah - I can live without that one.