Monday, October 27, 2008

Don't know why this bothers me but...

Perhaps my fellow Star Trek geek friends can relate/help with this one. I was sick all weekend, so yesterday I saw bits and pieces of a variety of movies including The Birds, Elizabeth The Golden Age, and came upon Star Trek II and saw the beginning of it.

Besides being my favorite Star Trek movie, I love the beginning - the music, the cool "In the 23rd century", "Botany Bay, Oh No, Keptin' we have to get out of here, Damn", etc. So I decided to watch the beginning of it and I think one of the big questions I have is why the Klingons are already in the neutral zone during the Kobyashi Maru when it is the 'neutral zone' and to enter it is an act of war? Should't it be an act of war if they are there already or is this just a galactic double standard? Should there still be double standards duing the 23rd century?

I know these questions are of galactic importance right now given all that is going on, but you know it just kind of bothered me yesterday. I guess that's what happens when you are sick and watch tv all day and your husband plays computer games ad nauseum.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

ST:TWOK is the best. Never really thought about the Klingons showing up. I just sort of thought that they detected the Federation ship (or perhaps were following up on the distress signal).

James said...

I think that if the Enterprise enters the neutral zone first then the Klingons have the right to come in blasting. Same thing the other way around.