Monday, February 4, 2008

Best Super Bowl Ever

Wow - that game was probably the best Super Bowl I've ever seen. I wondered how the rematch would be after seeing the last game of the regular season when the Pats and Giants played. That catch on the last drive of the Giants had me jumping out of my chair when Eli Manning escaped what looked like was going to be a sack and then the receiver catches it with the assistance of his helmet. Incredible!

And that Giant defense had me totally worked up...GRRRRRR. Five sacks on Tom Brady. I LOVE seeing a defense that fired up and getting after the quarterback and the football. Wicked. They opened more whoop ass than I've seen in some time. Just amazing. The NY Giant defense could have been named as the MVP in my opinion.

I am usually dissapointed by Super Bowls when there are two weeks between the championship games and the Super Bowl. The game is usually really good when there is only 1 week between the two, but this year was an exception.

And the halftime show was the best since Sting performed a few years ago. I loved that they opened with American Girl - awesome song!! The only thing I was upset about was that they didn't play Refugee as that is my favorite Tom Petty song.

I usually end up asleep at the end of the Super Bowl since sometimes they end up being boring but not last night - WOW!! Glad I have the end of it DVR'd so I can go back and see that last drive a few more times!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Thought it was a good game. The only thing I wanted was the Patiots to lose so it would make the talkshow stuff have to deal with all that. Giants played above themselves, made Pats look really bad.