Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nieces are wonderful

My sister emailed me this week to see if we could come up next weekend. She told me that Quincy has heard her talking, and wanted to know if Mafa is coming to see her. She told Meg that "I like Mafa, cause Mafa likes me a whole lot".

That was classic. One time she told Meg that "I like Mafa, she's my friend". I love that child!!!! We have so much fun playing with her Barbie dolls and going to the park. She even likes to play music and dance and sing like I did. My sister never did that. I guess Meg always had me to play with, but before Meg came along or could play with me, I would entertain myself by playing records and dancing and singing in the living room.

Quincy takes after her Aunt Mafa. Her favorite color is blue like mine, and she looked at my Kappa shirt one day and asked me what it was (it had the KKG greek letters on it). I told her that when she grew up she could be one too. So I only have 13 years before Quincy will be a Freshman in college (she starts Kindergarten this fall) and I can take her shopping and buy her all of her rush clothes. My sister and brother in law roll their eyes when I start on that kick, but they know that Aunt Mafa will make sure Quincy is ready for rush - in 13 years of course - as it is never too early to start!

4 comments:

Steve said...

You sound like the coolest aunt, Martha. Kids really pick up on when someone genuinely loves them, don't they?

Martha said...

Yeah, I never thought about it like that but I think you are right that they recognize when people take up time with them and play with them. We had a lot of fun with her at Disney too. Jim and I took her for a while to ride on things and she had a lot of fun with us. My mom and Meg said that she really loved being with us at Disney. Jim says he can tell that I would be a good mom on how I am with her - more on that later.

Unknown said...

Hey, don't I get any say in this? She really likes the color orange, too.... and come to think of it, she loves tigers. We've been keeping that little tidbit from you. See you tomorrow!

Martha said...

Whaaaa - you got to be kidding me!