Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas

Well it is almost time to go to my parent's house and I know we will have fun visiting even though we had 7 days of relatives crammed into a 3 bedroom condo just a few weeks ago. I've kind of already had my Christmas, but I came across something that really put me in the spirit and wanted to share it even though most of you have seen it before. I received this with an acknowledgement of a donation I made in memory of a friend who died a few years ago, and it always makes me feel good to read it.

St. Francis "A Prayer For Peace"

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace!
Where there is hatred...let me sow love.
Where there is injury...pardon.
Where there is doubt...faith.
Where there is dispair...hope.
Where there is darkness...light.
Where there is sadness...joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

To be consoled...as to console.
To be understood...as to understand.
To be loved...as to love.
for it is in giving...that we receive.
It is in pardoning...that we are pardoned.
It is in dying...that we are born to eternal life.


When I'm feeling sad over something, I read this and it brings me comfort.

Merry Christmas to all.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Hope y'all have a merry Christmas - tell the folks I said HOWDY :)

Steve said...

Merry Christmas, Martha. Pass along my best to your folks as well.

Martha said...

Merry Christmas Rick and Steve. So good to be back in touch. Best wishes during the holidays and for the new year!