Saturday, December 15, 2007

Disney trip







We had a fabulous week at Disney the first week of December. I could lose myself in the Magic Kingdom for a couple of weeks. My niece rode Splash Mountain 10 times! She was just tall enough for the ride. She loves the water rides. I only rode it once even though it is a lot of fun. I got a face and head full of water the first time, so that was enough for me.

My favorites were the Winnie the Pooh ride, the Peter Pan ride, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and watching my niece ride everything! We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Epcot in Germany - Octoberfest and the Biergarten - Ein Prosit!!!!!! The dinner at Japan was very good too, but Germany was the best.

We had an amazing lunch the last day at the Brown Derby at MGM. It was very expensive, but a great way to end the week. We saw 3 parades, and the best one was the night parade at the Magic Kingdom as everything was all lit up and beautiful.

The Animal Kingdom park had an amazing safari and I enjoyed it so much. Quincy (my niece) loves animals and she loved seeing all of the elephants and giraffes and zebras up close. It was so much fun.

I am ready to go back to the happiest place on earth!!!!!

5 comments:

Chuck said...

I love the munchkin in the Gamecock duds!! We had a blast at Disney three years ago (two more until the return visit). Unfortunately, Animal Planet got the least attention.

Martha said...

After she got the ears, she said her name was not Quincy but is Mickey! The first part of the week, she was Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).

She is a sweety - and she loves her aunt! We did the Safari and the Nemo show at Animal Kingdom was great. The Lion King show was ok, but the Nemo show was worth it.

My mom got her the Gamecock shirt when she was in Columbia just before Thanksgiving. She took her to a girls basketball game and decided she needed a shirt!

George said...

Ah, Disney. We went there over the Summer and had a total BLAST! Did you ride Soarin' at EPCOT? It was so amazing to me that I almost believed it was real. I think I rode it 4 times. That Nemo show was really cool too. I think we're going to have to stay for 2 weeks next time.

Rick said...

I'm in Tampa again this week - Disney sounds wonderful - better than the conference room I've been stuck in. Oh well - Mickey's got his job, I've got mine.

Glad y'all have a good time!

Steve said...

Man, I haven't been to Disneyworld in 10 years. Last time we were there we loved Epcot.
Had they fixed the 10000 Leagues Under the Sea ride? I hated to see that one closed. Of course, kids these days probably have no clue what that is from.