Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend visit and Hot Tub is fixed

We had such a fun time at my sister's this weekend. My neice was so excited that we were coming up, and she was upset that she had to go to bed because we got there late Friday night. She wanted us to stay until Monday :(, and I hated to have to go yesterday but we did wait until after she got up from her nap and I played Chutes and Ladders with her and then a game of Memory before we left.

Meg, James, Jim, and I played Scene It three times. That is a really fun game and I didn't realize how much I do know about movies. I won it one time and should have won a second time. But it was a lot of fun no matter who won. Quincy had fun playing Winnie the Pooh game (I got it for Quincy after she played the one I bought off of ebay at my house), and Qunicy also wrote my name about 50 times as she loves to write everyone's name! She also painted with her watercolors (I LOVED those when I was little) and we went to the park on Saturday for about an hour. I went down the slide with her a bunch and played on the see saw too.

When we got home, the hot tub was ready. When we bought our house (it will be 2 years in May), it had a hot tub built into the deck off of our den and has a screened in porch around it. However, the tub was in good shape but the controls were shot and needed to be replaced. It wouldn't heat or do anything but push the water with the jets. So I let Jim talk me into spending $1,700 to get it fixed last week. He got it done on Friday, so when we came home last night, it was hot and we got in for about 30 minutes. I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Now I need some outside shades (like those bamboo shades) that you can roll down for privacy and we need to get the light fixed on the celing fan out there. There is also a tv stand with a cable, but it would need to be lowered to put a tv on it to really see. I agreed with Jim to quit doing the gamecock club and give up the tickets :( as we can spend the $$ on things we'd like to do around the house. He promised me he'd put a TV outside for football season so I can watch and enjoy the hot tub in the fall and winter!!

After riding in the car for 3 hours yesterday afternoon, the spa really hit the spot! I think that money was definitely better than the $1,600 we spent to put the house under termite bond. The next big thing we want to do is to put one of those woodburning stove inserts into our fireplace. Those things are really nice and they don't even need a blower and can heat almost the whole house with a slow wood burn. Of course, that is kind of pricey when you buy it and then have it installed. Probably close to $3,500 to do it but we are thinking it will be a good addition around October when it starts to get cold. No need to try and do it now as we are almost to spring.

2 comments:

Steve said...

All you need now is to install a cabana with a bar next to the hot tub and you'll be set. I'm thinking football parties at your house next season!

Martha said...

Yeah - that's a good idea. We already have the gas grill! I also need some patio furniture and outdoor speaker system! P-A-R-T-Y.