Monday, June 23, 2008

Going to bed at 1:30 is not cool

Came back to Providence, RI yesterday and was supposed to depart Charlotte at 7:50. When we arrived, our delay was expected to be 8:30 and ended up being 8:40. Not too bad on the surface. The bad part was, once we got to the runway, there were bad storms in the area and we could not take off. We sat through a thunderstorm and 3 or 4 deluges of rain before the takeoff window could be opened.

After taxing out about 9 pm, we had to stop as all departures had been closed. I knew we were in real trouble when at 9:45 they rolled out the beverage cart. There was such a backlog, that we ended up taking off at 11 pm and arrived at 12:45 am. By the time we got to the hotel and checked in, I got into bed around 1:30 am.

I have a roaring headache today, and I can't wait to be done for the day and collapse after dinner. I thought it was bad enough when I fell asleep sitting up in the chair Friday night at 9 pm because I was so exhaused. I did manage to doze off after takeoff and woke up about 12:30 this morning. However, it was not terribly restful sleep but I guess it was better than nothing.

Hope your Sunday/Monday was better than mine!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Anymore, travelling just completely wipes me out. I don't think I've got the adventurous adrenaline rush I used to. Now anytime I'm gone, all my energy just leaves.

Feelin' for ya - find your pillow before 7pm tonight and hope for better tomorrow.

Martha said...

I'm waiting on my dinner from room service which will include a beer - I think that will help.

Unfortunately, they are out of the Killian's Irish Red - rat bastards!