Tuesday, June 17, 2008

TWIA vs. TWIB

For many years, I followed the Atlanta Braves. I began watching with my dad when I was 13. It was 1982, and the Braves had won their first 13 or 14 games to start the season. I was hooked. It was more father/daughter sports to add to the golf, football, and basketball that we already watched together. There used to be this show, and it's probably still on cable somewhere, called This Week in Baseball or TWIB for short. It was a 30 min highlight show with all of the great highlights, and I used to watch it on Saturdays. It was a cool show and the narrator was so into it.

So lately I have been attending an hour webcast on Wednesday afternoons called This Week in Accounting. I put it on my outlook calendar this week as TWIA, and it made me think of TWIB. It brings all us pocket protector accounting geek types up on recent changes to accounting. Last week, it was all about how you account for potential losses. Fun geek stuff, and I get one hour of CPE that is free!

I am in Providence, RI again this week and next. At least I get to fly home on Friday for the weekend. Jim is not a happy camper this week. He is already planning Friday night dinner of scallops for me. He does not like them, but he likes cooking for me and fixing stuff I like. He makes the bay scallops (small ones) and puts them in the mushroom caps topped with cheese and bakes in the oven. That is just the appetizer as he grills the larger sea scallops on the grill after marinating them overnight. Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rick said...

I can hear Mel Allen right now, anchoring TWIA, narrating a story on balancing a ledger - "how about that".

Todd R. Vick said...

Jim sounds like a real catch. Although he is making the rest of us seem to fall a bit short in the "husband-who-cooks-scallops-for-his-wife" category.

I once fixed spaghetti while Tracy and I were dating. Does that count?

Martha said...

LOL. Jim is a catch. I must admit though that if I was not married to Jim, I probably wouldn't be married. Not because I didn't want to get married, just that I had a very difficult time meeting someone who did it for me intellectually and physically (attraction is important) and who was strong enough to be my husband.

Most men I met weren't really interested in any kind of equal for a wife, so I consider myself very lucky to have met Jim.

No slight on men (since my blogger friends are men), but it's hard to be an independent strong woman and find a man in the south.