Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Not missing - just swamped

I haven't posted in a week or so and just wanted to say hi since I have been totally swamped. I had a very busy week last week and managed to take Friday off to go to Carowinds with my mom, Quincy, and a good friend's little boy that plays with Quincy when she comes to Columbia. Qbert and Ben came up with mom for the day and we sweltered at Carowinds but had a great time. Fortunately, it was not humid and we could get relief in the shade!

After that, we went to Columbia for the weekend for a family weekend for my sister's birthday. I don't like that she is now 36. That means I am really 39 :(. Guess there is only one alternative and that one is not viable - seriously. We had so much fun. Quincy woke me up twice Sunday morning. The first 7 am wakeup was not successful, so at 7:30, she came back in the room and said Mafa - come play with me! So I got up. 20 minutes later we're having breakfast and she says, "Mafa, are you going to church wif me?" How can I say no to that?

So I somehow managed to get myself presentable for a 9 am service. Meg played before the service, and it was nice to go and hear her play. Mom, Qbert, and I went and I sat with Quincy and parented her during the service. I was "it" all weekend as far as Quincy was concerned. She wanted to play with me the whole time. Meg says she loves me so much. She was really good during the service and wrote her letters and numbers and worked the letter game on the children's bulletin. Then, when the sermon started, sweet thing cuddled up to me and hugged on me for a good 15 minutes. How sweet. That was definitely worth all of the running around I had to do to get ready for church and finishing my makeup in the car to be on time!

We had a great time but it was nice to come home at a decent time on Sunday. I have worked two 10 hour days the past two days and today is shaping up to be the same. I worked out Monday nite to get rid of the stress and it was great. However, last night at 8 pm, I realized I was just too tired and took a break. Will try to be motivated again tonite and spend an hour and fifteen de-stressing!

No comments: