Saturday, January 3, 2009

45 + 105 = Therapy

Last night I got in the hot tub and it was about 45 degrees on the porch and the water temp was 105 - Perfect! It was cool without being very cold outside, and the 105 is perfect. I got in at halftime of the Sugar Bowl. Wow, what a game. I don't think Alabama has been so dominated all year. Utah really came to play last night and it showed. I was impressed. The Kentucy/ECU game was crazy to watch. I don't think I've seen such bad officiating in a bowl game yet. And I'm just going to withhold commentary on the Outback Bowl except to say that I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with our team. We just stunk it up badly.

Well, it looks like we're settling into January now, clouds and all. I'm not sure which is worse, the sun setting at 5:30 and the short days or all of the clouds and fog we've had the past several weeks. Good news is I think we're catching up on the much needed rain. Bad news is that it adds to the dreariness. Speaking of dreariness, I've figured out I can work out every other day or so between now and my birthday and get about 13 more workouts in before the odometer rolls again. At least I have some good motivation to ride 8.5 miles per workout and then do all of the arm, ab, leg, hip, and butt exercises. Nothing like having another birthday to encourage me to continue on the exercise front.

Besides, regular exercise and regular dips in the hot tub should be the right therapy for all that ails me!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

I am so impressed by your exercise routines.

Now, where did I put the mayo for my donuts?

Martha said...

Well I didn't exercise while we were at Meg's over Christmas, so I am focusing on getting back to a routine. It really is a big help in how I feel, sleep, and my energy level. I love how it makes me feel! Plus, I can tell a big difference in how my clothes fit with the targeted exercises and I feel less guilty about what I eat.

Steve said...

You've got me sold on a hot tub. I'm looking out my window right now at a bunch of snow. I like the European custom of jumping out of the hot tub, rolling around in the snow to cool down, then jumping right back in. Invigorating!