Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Day the Music Died

It's been almost 50 years since 'The Day the Music Died' - the 50th anniversary of the plane crash that took Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper is February 3rd.

This is my favorite Buddy Holly song. A very close second is Maybe Baby, but these words and the performance by Marshall Crenshaw in the movie LaBamba makes this my favortie.

Steve posted about his #1 songs, and I have been meaning to post a comment because I liked alot of the same ones. One of them on Steve's is Bruce Springsteen "I'm on Fire" - that is a haunting song. Especially the part that goes: 'It's like someone took a knife baby edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley through the middle of my soul'. That line is probably my favorite of all in a song. Classic.

No comments: