Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Birthday Party

Well, today is my niece's 5th birthday and I can't believe she is 5! Even though today is her birthday, we went up this weekend for her party and celebration so that we could all enjoy it and have a family weekend. Quincy was so sweet Friday and she was very happy to see us. She had written us both notes with pictures. Mine had my name on it (just Martha), and Jim's had "Uncle Jim" on it. She told me that for my birthday she was going to get me two presents and wrap them up for me. What a sweetie!

So we had a lot of fun on Saturday. My mom made the cake and Meg iced it with blue icing with pink writing and 5 candles. We went to Chuck E Cheese, and played lots of games. We won as many tickets as we could (especially Jim as I suck at Skee Ball), and then Quincy used her tickets to buy some rubber spiders and frogs. We went back to my parent's apartment for cake and presents. Lots of fun as we got her a 3D Scooby Doo haunted house game and I also got her a Hallmark Princess Aurora Christmas ornament. She also got a book, a small decorative box, and a tea set. After playing a couple of games of Scooby Doo, we went to build a bear as that was the present from her other Grandmother. She picked out a kitty, and they stuffed it before Quincy picked out an outfit. That is the neatest store! Her kitty walked out of there with a disney princess t-shirt and a jean skirt along with pink crocs, a Hello Kitty purse, and a hat. We also saw some Hello Kitty pajamas which were too cute and the pants had a spot for the tail!

All in all, Quincy had a big birthday and we had a lot of fun. Saturday morning, she was sitting outside the guest bedroom, fully dressed, waiting for Mafa to get up. Meg got up and couldn't find her, came downstairs, and there she was waiting for us to get up. She came in the room about 8 o'clock and came over to my side of the bed - "Hey Mafa". Saturday nite, Jim got sick and moved to the couch downstairs at my sisters about 3:15 in the morning. I woke up at 7 and heard some rustling outside of the room, so I wispered "Quincy, is that you?". She said "Yes Mafa". She came in the room, and the first thing she did was say, "Mafa, can I get Santa Claus's phone number?". I asked her why she wanted that, and she said she wanted to ask him for the Hello Kitty pajamas for her Kitty. I told her that we didn't have Santa's number, but that she could ask him at Christmas time for them. If Santa doesn't get them, you can bet Mafa will!

No comments: