Monday, September 8, 2008

My Niece - the doctor

My niece Quincy has weekly homework for Kindergarten, and my mother told me all about her most recent assignment that was turned in last Friday. The children had to complete two sentences and draw a picture at the bottom of the paper depicting the answer.

The questions were: When I grow up, I want to be a _______. So then I will be able to _______.

Her answers were "doctr" and "hlp peple fel betr". She drew a picture of a patient on the bed and herself with a stethescope. She then told my mother that 'girls can be doctors too' and my mother told her that was right and that our friend Miss Deanna is a doctor and she is a girl. Quincy then decided she needed a nurse, so she drew a nurse next to herself and told mom that - 'he's a boy'.

She'll be 5 on September 23rd, and she's got this figured out already. I think Quincy got the same 'Grandma' gene that I did!!!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Reminds me of a story I heard about a female doctor driving her young daughter to school one morning. She looked over to see her daughter playing with mom's stethoscope. Mom was tickled at the idea of her daughter following in her footsteps, dreaming of all the people she would help on day as a heart surgeon. Her bubble popped when her daughter then lifted up the end of the stethoscope and said, "Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order?"