Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What happens when your husband gets a new game

This new game called Spore came out and Jim went and got it weekend before last. Needless to say, this has significantly minimized my computer time at home. I don't mind that he goes into the 'man cave' for hours upon end as long as he does some housework and doesn't completely disappear.

Usually, I have some good surf time on a Saturday or Sunday morning because I'm an early riser and Jim usally sleeps way in (after being on a game or on a raid for World of Warcraft). However, this weekend I slept in until 8 both days which is very unusual for me. Jim also got up when I did and went right to the computer. So I have not had much time to blog or post or catch up on stuff over the past couple of weekends. Plus football has started and I'm trying to watch as much as humanly possible on Saturdays now.

Now Jim wants to pre-order the Wrath of the Lich King. When I asked what that was, he said it was the expansion to World of Warcraft. Great, like that friggin' thing needed expanding!

4 comments:

Steve said...

Have you seen the Leroy Jenkins video on You Tube? Type it into the search section, open it up and enjoy! Hope your husband doesn't take WoW as seriously as those guys do.

Martha said...

Haven't seen that, but he is not too bad. He does actually take breaks from it. He says he wants me to play it too, but there's no way I'm interested at all. His idea of a dream come true is me playing WoW and us getting married in the game. I told him he's just going to have to be disappointed as there's no way that's happening.

Rick said...

Get yourself an iPhone - will pull him off the PC any time you need. Then he'll be blogging - "my wife never lets go of her iphone..."

Rick said...

FYI, Mot - do you listen to NPR? There's a game show called WAIT WAIT DON'T TELL ME - can find it at the website, http://www.npr.org. Anyway - this weekend's episode featured Leonard Nimoy in the "Not My Job" segment. Can listen online or download as a podcast.

Spock on the radio.