Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend visit with my niece

We had a fun weekend visiting my sister, brother in law, and niece. It was a lot of fun and that little Quincy is very sweet although I can't figure out exactly where she gets it from. I guess she got it from her Aunt Mafa because her mom was never that sweet!

I am really impressed with how well she writes her letters. She doesn't even have to ask how to spell our names anymore, she just writes them out on anything she can find. She can name and write the days of the week, and I wrote the letters and the lower case letters on her white board and she proceeded to write the lower case letters down too. I think her printing is about as good as mine was when I was 7. Since I skipped first grade, my writing skills were not good and did not really improve until I was 7 or 8. By the time I was 8, I was learning cursive!

The only bad thing this week was that she was on 'red' at school Thursday and Friday. She told us that she didn't get to go to the treasure chest because she was on red that she threw a fit and didn't do what the teacher said. She was funny as she told us all about it. I told her she'd have to do better next week. She said, yeah I get to start over.

So here's to Monday and starting the week over. Hope you all have a good one. Mine will be busy, but at least I'm beginning it this morning with a Grande Bold!!

2 comments:

Steve said...

She sounds like a sweetheart. Not sure if she gets that from you or not. If you'd said she was fiesty...that I could believe.

Martha said...

I guess I am fiesty. I give my husband the "who me" look when he makes the same comment, but since you think that is the case too I guess you are both right.