Tuesday, December 9, 2008

49 days and counting :(

I had a discussion one day at work, and we were talking about upcoming birthdays. Mine in January is a big one - unfortunately for this very vain and self conscious woman. So someone said - hey Martha, this is a big one you should have a big party - what are you going to do? My first response (which is usually the correct one) was to say that "I think I'll crawl under a rock and die".

Of course, I know I will face January 27, 2009 as I have faced the rest of my life - some excitement, trepidation, a wonder of the unknown, and with strength. I never thought it would come to this. If I'm turning 40, how is it I still feel 25? I guess that is a good thing that I do!

At least the lady at the makeup counter thinks I don't look any older than 35!

No comments: