Monday, March 24, 2008

Great Basketball Weekend

I love March Madness!! The only bad thing is that I am a basketball widow. No matter how hard I try to get Jim interested in basketball, he just does not care. There was an amazing game on yesterday - Davidson and Georgetown. It was so exciting to see Davidson come back from shooting 27% in the first half and behind by 17 early in the second half to win. What a great game, but Jim was just so ho hum about it. How can anybody be so ho hum with that kind of game on?

Miami was also down early yesterday but rallied late before losing to Texas, the Tennesee and Butler game went to OT, West Virginia upsetting Duke on Saturday, and Villanova beating Clemson late Friday night was amazing!

I know I get it honestly. Last weekend at my parents, my Dad was going off on Chapel Hill making mistakes all over the place and trying to lose the ACC Championship game before finally beating Clemson. I know where I get my game commentary skills from. One of my fantasy jobs is to be a football broadcaster. I play this game where I count every time I make a comment on a football play and then the broadcaster says the same exact thing right after me. I know I could do that job! Jim says I would have to be on tape delay though because I use colorful metaphors - but that is only for Carolina games as I get emotionally involved in those games!!! I don't curse at the other football games.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Have you filled in a bracket sheet? How're your picks doing?

I'm a big fan of college basketball myself. The '83 NC State vs. Houston National Championship game is probably my favorite of all time.

Martha said...

I saw a replay of that game on ESPN Classics several months ago and it was still awesome to watch. I didn't fill out a bracket, but have just watched as much as I can. One of the regionals is in Charlotte this weekend too, but I'll be watching from home.