Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend visit





Had a wonderful visit this weekend from my mom and my niece. Quincy is on spring vacation with the grandparents, so mom brought her up to our house for the weekend and we went to Carowinds yesterday. It was windy and very cool, but she had a good time. Mom took a picture of us together while waiting for the hot air balloon ride to start. I am also including a picture of her on Easter Sunday before church.

We had a great time putting togther puzzles, playing with Aunt Martha's little people house and garage, and we also played with the bingo game my mom bought. She is a lot of fun, but she will keep you going all day long! As soon as she got out of the car Friday afternoon, she asked for the 'cars'. She loves my little people garage that I bought off of ebay as it is like the one I had as a child. It is the one with the elevator that dings and comes with 4 cars - red, yellow, green, and blue, and has the gas pump to fill up the cars with gas. She loves it and asks for it right away at my house.

I missed the basketball game that Davidson played Friday night as we were preoccupied with bingo and SpongeBob. That is ok though - visit with Quincy was worth ten basketball games. I did watch Davidson get beat today though :(. Watched that alone - it's basketball alone time for me again today. At least Jim likes football. We could not be married if he didn't like football. That would be a deal breaker.

4 comments:

Steve said...

What a cutie! I had the same garage with the cars when I was a kid. You take it up to the top floor in the elevator, then it comes back down on the ramp, right? Gas pump on the bottom near the entrance. Ahhh, memories.

Martha said...

That's the one! My mom got rid of mine because the elevator stopped working. I was always bummed about that so I bought one on ebay a few years ago. I also bought the little yellow house I had for my little people and some furniture. She plays with that as well.

Steve said...

Did you have the barn with the door that "Moo'd" when you opened the door?

Martha said...

I don't think we had that one although I played with it at other friends houses. I had the yellow two story house, Meg had the AFrame house, we had the schoolhouse, and the garage. When I was little, my next door neighbor had the Village with the police station, fire station, mailman, mail to deliver, doctor's office, barber shop, etc. I always wanted that cool castle too as I played with it at other kids houses. If you look up that castle on ebay it goes for big bucks if it is in good shape.