Thursday, March 6, 2008

On the Bicycle again

Well I've taken about a week and a half unintentional break from working out and last night I got back on the exercise bike. Wow - it feels good to have worked out again. I usually ride for about 40 minutes and can ride about 10.5 miles in that time. Then, I do about 30 minutes of upper body, abdominal, hip, thigh, and derrier exercises that are difficult but really work.

After that, I enjoy a well deserved shower and relax on my upstairs sofa which usually involves falling asleep watching tv. Last night I DVRd American Idol upstiars so we started watching it about 8:40 while I was on the bike. It was right at 40 minutes without commercials too. When American Idol was over, my timer was winding down. I need to do a better job remembering how good it feels to exercise and how good I sleep as motiviation. Plus, if I exercise like that 3 or 4 times a week I can really tell a difference in how I feel, energy level, tighter stomach, etc. Felt like a million $$ this morning driving to work - endorphines are GREAT!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Ok I'm keeping a record now: last Wednesday 10.5 miles, Sunday was 10.5 miles, and Monday was 10.7 miles. A day's rest yesterday and back on tonight!