Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Killians and St. Patty's Day

So I am looking forward to Saturday and going to Columbia for the first time since Christmas. of course, the visit is coinciding with the annual St. Patty's Day festivities in 5 points. Can't wait - the Killian's beer truck is calling my name. Last year I was thirsty and found the Yuengling Black and Tan truck first so by the time I finally found the Killian's it was alomost time to go home and I didn't have one. Of course, I am the driver because Jim can and does drink way more beer than me.

Jim always ends up parked at the Guiness truck. He likes the darker beer (it's that German thing) and plus the Guiness is not carbonated and is easier on the tummy. But me, I love that Killian's Irish Red, hanging out, listening to bands, bumping into people I know and just enjoying a good time. My favorite experience in 5 points was in 1993 when I lived in a duplex just off of Harden Street on Wilmot Ave. It was a short walk to 5 points so I hung out all day and didn't have to worry about driving home. I left about 4:30 or so that afternoon - my cue was when I spilled a beer all over my shoe. When I started spilling beer on myself I knew it was time to go home.

4 comments:

Todd R. Vick said...

Mot, I never knew you were so cool!

Martha said...

LOL!! Thank you Todd. I know I was a total nerd/geek in high school, but I broke free of the nerd cycle about 18! I was never a hard partier, but I just learned how to chill and have some fun.

Steve said...

Hot tubs. Football. Van Halen. Beer. Gin and Tonics. You ARE the coolest!

Martha said...

Don't forget March Madness :). I knew there was a reason I always had more guyfriends than girlfriends! Thanks Steve.