Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just 14 days left

Happy days are here again! It is almost the most exciting time of the year. Time for tailgates, ESPN College Gameday, the SEC Game of the Week, and those late night West Coast games because ten hours of football has to be extended because it's Saturday and I still haven't gotten enough.

And don't forget to set your DVR for the 7:30 ESPN College Football show on Sunday mornings that recaps all of the action.

Which brings me to another subject - while watching the US men's basketball game against China the other morning, I saw a play and said that the Chinese player was getting a little too fancy. Ten seconds later, the commentator uses the exact same word to describe what the player was trying to do.

So it will begin again, I will make a comment about the action on the field/court and the professional sportscaster will say virtually the same thing that I just did. And my husband will just look at my and say "I know - you could do that job". He has heard me say it so much that he just acknowledges it now and does not wait for me to point out the obvious anymore.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I read this and I just picture you jumping up, spilling your Gin and Tonic while yelling at the television, "He missed the tag! He missed the tag!"

I know that's baseball, but you get what I mean.

Martha said...

That's pretty close Steve. If it is a Carolina game (or if I'm pulling for whatever team is playing Clemson), all bets are off as to what I let fly.

Jim got so mad at me one night while watching a game because I was very upset with what the Gamecocks were doing that he made me go upstairs to watch the rest of the game!

I don't usually spill drinks, but the four letter words do tend to fly at home.