Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Detailed Memory

I had a friend comment to me the other day on the fact that I have a very good memory. I am often told this and by many people. So I wanted to put it to a little test that I know my blogger friends can help me out with. In less than 5 minutes, I was able to remember the following details about high school.

9th Grade Schedule (in order & teachers)

1 - Algebra I (Nadra Bachman)
2 - PE (Don Richardson)
3 - Latin I (Sara Hempley)
4 - World Geography (Sam Corley)
5 - English (Lumpkin)
6 - Physical Science (Pippa Lambros)

10th Grade Schedule (in order & teachers)

1 - HARP I (Cal Maddox)
2 - Biology (Branham)
3 - Geometry (Davis ?)
4 - Algebra II (John Kilgo)
5 - Latin II (Sara Hempley)
6 - Typing (Pam Smith)

11th Grade Schedule (in order & teachers)

Before School - Latin III (Sanders)
1 - Teacher's Aide (Nadra Bachman)
2 - HARP II (Cal Maddox)
3 - US History (Jennifer Park)
4 - Algebra III/Trig (John Kilgo)
5 - Chemistry (Mike Morris)
6 - Computer Science I (Bunch)

12th Grade Schedule (in order & teachers)

Before School - Latin IV (Sanders)
1 - Physics (Mike McClure)
2 - Calculus (Lynn Harley)
3 - Computer Science II (David Bundrick)
4 - AP English (Melissa Rawl)
5 - Government (Vinning Morrison)/Economics (Joe Yawn)
Dismissal after 5th

I know this blows your mind that I can rattle this off, or maybe not. Maybe you know these details about your classes too and my memory is not that special. I can tell you which hall I had each class in too (not room number).

Would love to know if you all remember your schedules/teachers/etc. or if I am just that weird.

8 comments:

Rick said...

Your therapist must think this is terribly funny. :) For me, I've repressed as much of that info as I can. Helps keep the voices quite. Mostly.

Martha said...

Ok, so I guess that is a 'no' you don't remember. Or, choose not to?

Rick said...

That's a "no" mostly - I remember PE 1st period and Geometry with coach Smith 2nd in 9th grade. Or maybe it was 2nd to 3rd? It's one of the things my subconscious probably decided wasn't as important - instead, I'm pretty good at quoting Caddyshack and Fletch dialogue, and there's always more meaningless info for Trivial Pursuit, right?

Martha said...

Coach Smith - that's who I had for Geometry! That was the one I had a question mark by. Thanks for mentioning his name. It was bugging me that I couldn't remember it.

I had to think hard about the teacher's names. I remembered my PE teacher's first name (Don) way before I remembered his last name was Richardson.

Steve said...

I don't remember the entire schedule, just snippets of events.

I remember chalk all over Mr. Kilgo's blazer. I remember Ms. Harley crying out of frustration with Calculus. I remember Mr. McClure was a big Clemson fan. I remember Dr. Maddox throwing an eraser and hitting a girl in the face. I remember David Cox's "accident" while wearing khaki pants at a school awards ceremony. Didn't you bake some bread or something for a project in Mrs. Rawl's English class?

The one thing I remember about Coach Smith's Geometry class was someone spoiling all the surprises for Return of the Jedi.

Funny the things you remember.

Martha said...

David Cox? You mean David Cobb! LOL!! Thanks for the other memories - I remember those too and many others. Loved Mr. Kilgo and the chalk!!!!!

Martha said...

Yes, I did cook for two different English projects in Mrs. Rawl's class. That was probably the two times I actually cooked while in high school too. I made some homemade bread for my Emily Dickenson project, and I made something called Lardy Cakes for the British Literature project. It was a weird name, but it was sweet and actually quite good.

My own mother laughed at me though when I made the bread. I did everything just fine, but she had to knead it for me and when I first tried, that's when she laughed at me cause I was so inept at it!

Todd R. Vick said...

At this moment, Mot, I cannot recall if I even attended High School or not. I remember some garbage in a locker, though...I will have to check into this.

What was I checking into again...?

Impressive memory though. :)