Monday, May 26, 2008

Home to the Disaster area

Well I made it home fine on Wednesday afternoon and I was so tired I almost fell asleep on the plane (I never sleep on the plane or in a car), so I knew I was tired. While Jim had worked really hard and painted 6 rooms (2 were really big and two were bathrooms), the house was a freakin' disaster when I walked in. The living room was the paint staging area. All of the furniture was pulled away from the walls. All of the hardware was off the walls of the bathrooms (except for our bathroom) and our bathroom was not torn apart but was filthy.

Jim fixed a lot of holes in walls from shelves and things he took down and cracks he fixed. However, there was all of this drywall dust and crap all over the place. I had to vacuum each room twice. We put most of the furniture back (except in our room and the den/LR) Wednesday nite. Thursday, I had to go buy more paint and sponges and stuff, and then came home to finish the downstairs bathroom. I also helped finish up the living room. I had tons of clothes to wash, but I couldn't even really finish cleaning until Friday morning.

I started working at 8 am Friday and got in the shower about 1:00 after working like crazy to put the den back together and clean the house. Jim had to put the bathrooms together for me first thing so I could even get in them to clean. Yuck.

Then, I was going to hop in the hot tub and relax before getting in the shower. Jim got mad and said that I had been sweating and not to get in the hot tub that "He is the one that cleans it". Well, that was not the right thing to say to me. I just walked away instead of picking a fight. If that is the way this household worked, he would not be allowed to walk in any of the bathrooms in our house or walk on the floor that I vacuum.

After my shower, I told him that was why I got mad - not because he didn't want me in the hot tub it was what he said. He apologized. Of course, he got mad again on Saturday when my mom, sister, niece and I were at Carowinds and we were a little late coming back. He hung up on me on the phone because we were calling to tell them not to wait on us for dinner (hamburgers on the grill). He was mad because he had also made a cake. I told him that was no reason to hang up on me. My sister attributed it to the fact that after a couple of days my brother in law was influencing him and that plus her other explanation that he is M-A-L-E was the other problem. He usually only gets mad if I don't call - but I called and he still got mad and then hung up on me - not cool. He said to just 'come home whenever you come home'. I started to stay at Carowinds! I didn't call again to tell them when we were on our way after that episode, but he apologized again for being an A$$$$$$.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Ahh marital bliss :) - been there, done all that. Enjoy the paint fumes, and ask Vicki some time about my "mother's day surprise" to paint the bathroom during Play Week.