Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dr. Maddox was right

Ok, I have decided after lots of thoughfulness and reflection that my friends, my husband, and Dr. Maddox were right about me after all. I am not sure how at 14/15 that Dr. Maddox could have known, but I have decided that yes, I am hot to trot.

I think Steve posted in something about how I said my niece took after me and he said he would believe that if I had said she was fiesty. Well, after much thought and reflection of "my past" (specifically early 1993 - 1997 with a couple of occurances in 1988 and 1990), I have decided that yes, I am fiesty and hot to trot.

I said something to Jim one day not too long ago about I wasn't really fiesty was I and he just laughed loudly and mockingly. He said that yes I was fiesty, brazen, independent, ornery, and some other things I won't type in this forum. But all of that was ok because he liked all those things - plus he admitted when he met me that one of his first thoughts was that I was a hot piece of ___. Well - chalk one up for honesty! Someday I will blog about how we met.

So I thought about it some more and came to the conclusion that Dr. Maddox was right a long time ago about me and at a young age. I didn't do anything in high school to have earned that remark, but I guess he was just an astute observer of overall behavior and knew there must be something lurking under the surface.

3 comments:

Todd R. Vick said...

Mr. Yawn once referred to you as a "decorative individual." I always thought you were very cool because you liked Star Trek and you were a girl.

Steve said...

Ole Cal was a wise one. Star Trek, hot tubs, gin and tonic, college football fan, hot-to-trot...some would say the perfect woman.

Martha said...

Well, I appreciate the compliment, but I wouldn't go that far as much as I try to be perfect. I do have my flaws and a couple of demons thrown in.

I am certainly not very traditional as I am not really interested in having kids and I hate to cook. I'll clean and keep my house in somewhat of an order, but I'm happy to let Jim do the cooking!