Sunday, May 11, 2008

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Well tomorrow morning I'm leaving for ten days to go to the exiting locale of Providence, RI for an exiting tour of Fixed Assets. I hate that I have to be gone so long, but since the bank's earnings were way down any travel for more than a week does not allow the traveler to come home for the weekend :(. I will miss arguing about Toasters!

I really don't want to go at all, but the alternative is not having a job and that would not be good. The good news is that I am leaving tomorrow morning at 9:30 instead of killing a Sunday by leaving in the late afternoon. I hate Sunday afternoon flights. Since I'm having to stay over the weekend, I decided I will just work over the weekend and come home on Wednesday (5/21) since I won't have the opportunity to come home for the weekend. I scheduled my flight for 1 pm instead of the 5 pm flight so that I can arrive back in Charlotte between 3 and 3:30. Jim's office is close to the airport, so it will be easier for him to come pick me up then. I have also decided I'm going to take that Thursday and Friday off before Memorial day, since my mom, dad, Meg, James, and Quincy are coming for Memorial Day weekend. That will be something to look forward to for sure!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Flying out tomorrow for a two week work trip to Pennsylvania - not coming home for the weekend, either, but since next weekend is our anniversary Vicki is flying up for touristy stuff in Phillie. Woo hoo. Hope your trip goes well - sometimes I feel like I get more done on the road, and then other times you just want to go home.

Steve said...

Safe travels, Martha. Say hello to "The Family Guy" up there in RI.