Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where have all the jingles gone?

It is really sad that pop songs are being used to sell products now instead of original jingles. I roll my eyes everytime that stupid Chips Ahoy commercial comes on. How can they be selling cookies to Rod Stewart's "Do ya think I'm sexy"? Or a minivan to Heart's "Baracutta"? There is one other really dumb one for French Fries, but I can't remember the song that's used right now.

I guess that's why I get so happy and sing that "Free Credit Report dot com - yehaw I could have seen this coming at me like an atom bomb. They monitor your credit and send you email alerts, so you don't end up selling fish to tourists in t-shirts".

I love when that commercial comes on! I guess because it is original and fun. Unlike trying to figure out how "If you want my body and you think I'm sexy" relates to cookies.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Maybe on the flipside of that, I've found lots of new tunes when they're featured on TV shows - maybe it's selling out in the other direction.

My favorite commercials are the two guys and then the married couple for Sonic - my wife just rolls her eyes.

Steve said...

If you think about the cookie commercial's choice of song it's kind of ironic. If you eat enough of the cookies you'll have a body that no one will think is sexy.

I'm a big fan of the "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials. No music, but funny nonetheless.

Martha said...

I love those Sasquatch commercials!! They are a riot. I'm laughing at just the thought of them.

I wish I could remember the song they use for that french fry commercial as it was stupid too. I'll update my post when I see it again.