Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ramblings for a Saturday morning

Well here I am in a hotel room in Providence, RI havins Saturday morning coffee and nursing a cold I managed to pick up while here. My sinuses are not happy right now and my head feels like its 3X its real size. My hot coffee feels wonderful and helps finish the job of the decongestant I took late yesterday afternoon.

I have a lot of work to do this weekend, but the mall is just a couple of blocks away so that looks like the right place for a good time killer and a place to find some non hotel food for lunch. The good incentives for working include I planned it this way so that I can go home on Wednesday afternoon. No need to do nothing all weekend when there is no home to clean or husband to hang out with. I am hoping to take Thursday and Friday off and make it a 5 day weekend that I know I will need with all of the family visitors we'll have next weekend.

Wow - Memorial Day weekend almost. I have very, very fond memories of Memorial Day weekend at Myrtle Beach. My best friend (KKG pledge sister and roommate) Audrey was from Conway, and her dad lived in Myrtle Beach not real far from the beach. So we usually went down on Memorial Day weekend for "girls weekend". The first time we went was '92, and we went again in '93, '94, and '95. Audrey and I went to the beach again for a weekend in July of '96, but that was the last time we went together. That time, we stayed in a hotel but I can't remember why we did not stay at her dad's.

Last weekend before leaving, Jim decides that he wants to paint inside the house while I am gone. Poor thing, he told my mother the other day that he was lonesome - he'll tell me that he is lonelified. He doesn't like it when I'm gone - he is a real sweetie. So Saturday and Sunday we had to agree on paint colors for the bedrooms, dining room, den/living room, and bathrooms. Too much pressure in too short a time. Of course, we do not see eye to eye on color selection and one of the disadvantages of having a husband that really cares means that he doesn't just let me pick what I want and go from there. We were able to agree on everything except the shade of blue I want for the dining room. We picked a similar blue to the one I wanted for our bedroom, so i told him to just paint a little bit of that in the dining room for me to look at when I get home.

Some really good news about the paint is that yesterday he had done about 1/2 the living room/den and he told me that he really liked the yellow and how much it really brightened up the room. He was initially opposed to the yellow for those rooms, so I feel like I got a little moral victory. The real one will be when I get the blue that I want for the dining room. I could have been insistant, but considering that it was 4 on a Sunday afternoon and my flight was the next morning, I didn't want to get into another 'toaster' type argument right before I left.

Happy Saturday!!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Ahhh, the "toaster arguments." It actually frustrates Arlene a bit when it comes to painting. I tend to steer away from the wild colors. Other than that, I pretty much don't care what color gets painted.

Not much help for fine tuning.