Sunday, January 27, 2008

Martha is...



A couple of my blogger friends googled their name and "is", so I decided to google Martha is and see what I got. When I google "Martha is" I end up with a bunch of junk about Martha Stewart. Most of it was very boring so I thought I'd get creative and do a blog entry on Aquarius characteristics. One time I read the characteristics of an Aquarius in the encyclopedia. I think I was about 24 or so and I thought that the only thing that had been left out of that article was that my name was not in there. It might as well have said "Martha Moultrie" because it described me exactly!

Here goes:

Aquarius' best accessory is a time machine (since we are fascinated with the past and time travel).

Aquarius' pain is conservatism, being categorized, emotional outbursts.

Traditional Aquarian Traits: Friendly and humanitarian, Honest and loyal, Original and inventive, Independent and intellectual.

On the dark side.... Intractable and contrary, Perverse and unpredictable, Unemotional and detached.

One type of Aquarius is exuberant, lively and exhibitionist, sometimes hiding the considerable depths of their character under a cloak of frivolity (the other is shy and that is not me). Both types are strong willed and forceful in their different ways and have strong convictions as they seek truth above all things.

Aquarians are unprejudiced and tolerant of other points of view.

Aquarians are humane, frank, serious minded, genial, refined, sometimes ethereal, and idealistic, though this last quality is tempered with a sensible practicality. They are quick, active and persevering without being self-assertive, and express themselves with reason, moderation and sometimes, a dry humor.

They are nearly always intelligent, concise, clear and logical.

Aquarians work best in group projects, provided that they are recognized as having a leading part in them.

Among the faults to which they are liable are fanatical eccentricity, wayward egotism, excessive detachment and an inclination to retreat from life and society, and a tendency to be extremely dogmatic in their opinions.

Some other characteristics:

unconventional
detached
intellectual
objective
individualistic
unique
easygoing
free-spirited
independent
open-minded
progressive
rebellious
stubborn
eccentric
erotic
aloof


Ideal Careers: astronomy, scientist, politics, aviation, admissions, photography, acting, music, social services, psychology.

Likes: friendship, freedom, intellectual stimulation, camaraderie, surprises, companionship, feeling understood, emotional safety,Loyalty.

Dislikes: jealousy, possessiveness, control, ego plays, pointless meetings, narrow-mindedness, being ridiculed, routines, fighting/violence, inequality, being taken for granted.

4 comments:

Rick said...

The only thing that comes to mind is the song by the 5th Dimension. And you never struck me as a Marilyn McCoo fan.

Martha said...

LOL - I actually like their song Up, up and away in my beautiful balloon, but I was never a Marilyn McCoo fan specifically.

Steve said...

When I first saw this I couldn't help but think of the end of "The 40-Year-Old Virgin." It would seem that you are a complex woman. After years of married life, I've learned that all women are this way. Perhaps it is the challenge to "figure out" you women that keeps us men enraptured.

You are woman. I hear you roar.

Martha said...

I haven't seen that movie, but while I guess i never considered myself complex I won't disagree with you. This may sound lame, but I always considered myself very logical (Star Trek puns aside) and easy to figure out.

My husband says that I am very unique - now I have always thought that for sure.

ROAR!! :)